Friday 25 September 2015

Learning to drive with anxiety!!!!

Learning to drive can be a nerve racking experience, even if you do not have anxiety. Imagine what it must feel like making contact with someone you don’t know, the first lesson, how can I trust this person!!

I teach many pupils who suffer from anxiety or are extremely nervous, and guess what they all pass. So how do I know how to cope with these, for one I have suffered from anxiety from a young age, I understand how it feels to meet new people, and why people get so defensive on a first meeting. WHY because I DO THIS TOO.


It also helps me empathise with them on test day, as again they have to meet someone new and have them asses their driving for 40 or so minute.

So when you think its nerve racking, think how it feels when you have anxiety on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment